Sometimes it is difficult to figure out which choir you will be most comfortable in. There are a number of ways you can gather the information you need to decide.
First, consider the following questions:
- Have you ever sung in a choir before?
- Have you sung in a choir before but do not feel confident in your abilities?
- Have you sung before and feel somewhat confident in your singing ability and would like to develop your musicianship?
- Have you had music lessons or did you play an instrument (maybe years ago) which has given you some understanding of music theory and/or the ability to read music?
- Do you boldly take on new challenges or do you prefer to take your time and assess the situation before jumping in?
Second, come to a rehearsal in September. The choirs are sometimes full by September but if they are not, prospective members are invited to attend one rehearsal free of charge at the beginning of the choral season to see if A Joyful Noise choir is a good fit for them. Please note: this offer is available only until the choirs reach their maximum capacity.
Registration Fee: The registration fee is $375 plus GST for the choral year. Because we know that not all members are able to afford this amount we offer an optional reduced registration fee of $325 plus GST for those who cannot manage the higher amount. Some bursaries are also available.
Location of Rehearsals: In person rehearsals will be held at storefrontstudio (6324 106 St). Rehearsals generally run for two hours and begin at 7:30 p.m. but from time to time rehearsals are extended.
If you are interested in joining please contact us at email@example.com.